Sunday, November 12, 2006

Halloween Crafts

Here's 4 of the Halloween Crafts I made this
year.



My trick or treat candy corn characters are papier-mache; but from their legs down I used wood. You have to improvise when you live in a town without craft stores. I didn't have wooden cones so I made do with what I had around the house. I kinda like the way they turned out much better because they don't look so much a like.




I added another picture to my post (my sister's idea) she's the blog pro. A picture of my son Kristopher beside the vampire candy dish; so you can all see just how tall I made him. Our Vampire is made out of clay pots, I just used a kitchen catcher garbage bag for his cape. I did glue some fun foam that I cut into pointy shaped ears to the side of his head.


My pumpkin with the painted bats mouth is made totally out of papier-mache. I didn't grow a garden this year. First time in 20 years and we could only buy a small pumpkin. So again we just made our own. I just stuffed newspaper into a grocery bag and then used wallpaper paste and glued strips of paper all over. A few layers later. The fun part was painting the design.


My son wanted some spiders to go along with the pumpkin. We found a bunch of great idea's on the net and put them all together. The spiders are just small balloons papier-mached pretty much the same way as the pumpkin. We just made 4 small holes on each side and glued wire in the sides that had little papier-mached feet attached to them. I used glow in the dark paint for the spiders eyes and nose; my son loved his spiders.

3 comments:

KansasA said...

These look so cute! Great Job Bif :)

Cursief Huigje said...

They are really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable. I love the Vampire.

Hits since November 2006