Saturday, December 9, 2006

Christmas Tree


Here is a quick and easy craft anyone can make. My Christmas tree is made out of a store bought tomato cage turned upside down. To get the cage ready before you add garland and such you have to gather the wire that sticks into the ground into a point for the top of the tree, I used wire to hold them together, I then ran wire in between the circles of the cage diagonally to give the cage a little more rounded look for the garland to attach to. All I did was wrap Christmas lights around it and then added green and gold garland. I also found gold beaded garland with little fake Christmas lights on it and added this to the tree. I like the traditional green tree but if your Christmas decor is silver, etc. then let your imagination run wild. I like to add little christmas decorations too. My son loves to have any Christmas tree up, the earlier the better. We use wood to heat our house and putting up our big tree has to wait for at least a week before Christmas because it's just to warm and dry.
The Nativity scene was passed down to me and I it means so much. This was my Nanny and Grandads, it's been around a long time. When my Dad gave it to me he built me the little manger and it makes me smile when ever I look at it because I know in my heart that it's a little piece of all three of them that I will always have at Christmas.

No comments:

Hits since November 2006