Sunday, November 19, 2006

Adding Some Colour to my Kitchen

Can you believe a friend was throwing this away. Once I reinforced it some,
I just got out my paints and had some fun with it.
Turning a plain step stool into a colourful work of art.


The step stool from the top view.
I found this pattern from a picture in a magazine but it was on a little ladder.


My husband, Kitt, built me this pot holder so I could get some, much needed, cupboard space.
I painted the edges around it to match the step stool.
I just took the blue from the step stool and the little flowers from the edge of the stool.
Easy technique to make the little flowers. Dab the end of your paint brush into the colour paint of your choice. Start with the middle of the flower and then with your second colour make five dots around it. It's that easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey u forgot to say my charming husband hung up the pot rack..lol
very cool u blogger u.......

Anonymous said...

I am a regular visitor to your sisters blog so I had to visit yours too. I read your profile and noticed that Secondhand Lions is one of your favourite movies. Mine too. Also Calendar Girls and The Legend of 1900 to name a few. Anyway, loved the painted step stool. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you were going to put some of your art work on. Looking forward to seeing your snowmen. You do have great talent and wonderful oringal ideas. Love it.

Hits since November 2006