Thursday, November 30, 2006

Melting Snowman

This little guy warmed my heart; I just had to make him. I cut out the pieces of wood for the puddle of snow and mittens, I then used a purchased wooden ball from my collection and a little wooden plug for his nose. The scarf is just a piece of felt tied around his neck with fringes cut on the ends. The hat is also felt; a rectangle cut and looped around your finger to make a tube then whip stitched closed. Then you cut a circle and whip stitch onto the tube for the brim, cut another smaller circle and fit it inside the top of the hat and stitch that too. Paint all your pieces before you glue it together with wood glue. I also used textured glitter snow to add to the base and a little on the hat and mittens for added effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are my favorite. I think they are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I love the melting snowman......how creative! I sure would like to know how to make one.......or maybe for next Christmas I might get one for a gift...lol

"Where's my Dyson"

Hits since November 2006